Beautiful Friendship and Best Dressed

Hi, Friends!  In this time of social distancing, I've had a lot of time to make some cards.  I combined my favorite designer series paper with my favorite stamp set.  I'm pleased with how it turned out!



Supplies

  • So Sentimental Stamp Set
  • Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set
  • Memento Black Ink
  • Stitched so Sweetly Dies
  • Gorgeous Grape Cardstock
  • Highland Heather Cardstock
  • Whisper White Cardstock
  • Best Dressed DSP


Instructions




1. Make a card base using Gorgeous Grape Cardstock.  (4.25" by 11" scored at 5.5").  Glue a piece of Whisper White cut to 4" by 5.25" on the inside.



2.  Cut a piece of Highland Heather Cardstock (mine is from my non-Stampin' Up! stash but the closest I had.) to 4 and 1/8" 5 and 3/8".  Glue this to the front center of the card base.  Cut a piece of Gorgeous Grape Cardstock to 4" by 5.25".  Glue this on top of the Highland Heather piece. Cut a piece of Best Dressed DSP to 3 and 7/8" by 5 and 1/8".  Glue this to the center.  (Woah that was a lot of cutting and pasting.)



3.  Using a scrap piece of Whisper White stamp Birthdays are the best days from Beautiful Friendship in Tuxedo Black ink.



4. This is where it gets a little tricky.  I love the look of the Stitched So Sweetly rectangle dies but there isn't one that fits my sentiment.  I started out by lining up the die with the top of my sentiment.  I ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot.  Be careful when peeling off the tape so you don't rip the paper like I did.


5.  I made this picture extra big so you can see what's going on.  I lined up the bottom of the die to where I wanted it.  Be careful to line the ripples up or it will cut funny.  (I made that mistake with the next step.



6.  I wanted to back my sentiment in Gorgeous Grape so it would stand out on the front.  Using purple crafting tape, adhere the Whisper White piece to Gorgeous Grape.  Place the next size up rectangle where you want it.  Place a piece of purple tape on the die and papers.  Run it through the Big Shot.  Line up the bottom like in step 5.  You can see where I didn't line my ripples up exactly.  It wasn't super noticeable so I kept it for this card.



7. Stamp Wishing you much happiness today and always from So Sentimental on the Inside of the card in Tuxedo Black.


8.  Adhere the front sentiment to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. And you're done!

If you have any questions about this project or would like to attend or host a workshop please email me!  My email is emcrafts96@gmail.com.  I look forward to hearing from you!

Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Sunflowers In Color 20/22

Ornate Garden Mother's Day Card