Celebrate Sunflowers In Color 20/22

Hi, friends!

Can you believe it's already June?  I feel like the year has slowly flown by!  June means it's time for the new annual catalog and In Colors!  I'm so excited to share a new die and colors with you in this project.  The new In Colors are Misty Moonlight, Magenta Madness, Just Jade, Bumblebee, and Cinnamon Cider.  They coordinate with each other well and really pop on the black background.  As always, everything needed for this project is linked below.

 

I was originally going to use this side of the 2020-2022 In Color Designer Series Paper (DSP) and then changed my mind.  But, it was too pretty to not show you!

                                           

Instructions 

     
1. Using the Scrappy Strip Technique by Bruno Bertucci, cut strips of the DSP.  I originally cut my paper to 4.25"x6" but it works better to leave it longer.  They do NOT have to be perfect.  It's better if it's not.

 
2. Lay out strips on the mat and glue them down using liquid glue.  My black mat is 4.25 by 5.5".  The liquid glue helps to keep the space between strips even.  I love that it gives a little time for grace.  I also love my silicon mat.  I can glue straight on it and not ruin my paper whenever i'm ready to pick it up.  The glue comes right off the silicone.  



3. Cut off the mat to make it 4" by 5.25".  Set it aside for now. 



4. Now it's time to assemble the sunflower.  I cut out the bottom of the sunflower in Bumblebee DSP, the top layer in Bumblebee card stock, the brown ring is cut out of Cinnamon Cider card stock, and the "seeds" in black card stock.  


        

5. Glue the "seeds" to the Cinnamon Cider rim.  I glued it onto the back.  Glue the "seeds" to the front of the flower.  

    

6. Finish assembling the sunflower.  It does line up perfectly but it takes a little concentration and persistence.   


   

7. Glue the sunflower to the scrappy mat.  Attach the mat to the black card base. And you're done!


If you have any questions about this project or would like to attend or host a workshop please email me!  My email is emcrafts96@gmail.com.  I look forward to hearing from you!


Product List


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ornate Garden Mother's Day Card

Beautiful Friendship and Best Dressed