Celebrate Beautiful Friendship Birthday Card

Hi, friends!  Welcome to my first card tutorial!  This month, Stampin' Up! challenged us to do a #simplestamping card.  One of my favorite stamp sets is Beautiful Friendship.  It's the perfect set to just stamp and not add a lot of frill.  I knew exactly who I was going to send this card to for their birthday and they needed a little extra bling.  This card can be tweaked to using only paper, ink, and stamps by stamping the sentiment in black ink in the center.  Enjoy!

Instructions



1. Cut Melon Mambo card stock to 5 1/2 in. by 8 1/2 in. to form card base. Score at 4 1/4 inch on the long side. Fold.


2. Cut two pieces of Whisper White card stock to 5 1/4 in by 4 in for the front cover and the inside of the card.


 

3. Use snail to glue one piece of Whisper White to the inside of the card base.



4. Use the Pretty Label Punch on a scrap piece of Whisper White Paper.





5. Use reusable craft tape (Mavalus Tape or Purple Craft Tape) to tape the Pretty Label to the center of the second 5 1/4 in by 4 in piece of Whisper White. This will be the front of the card.




6. Start Stamping the Beautiful Friendship flowers! I started with the biggest flower first with Melon Mambo. I used an E block.




7. Chose another flower and another ink. I did the Hydrangea with Pacific Point ink.




8. Then use the smallest flower and another ink color. I used Berry Burst.




9. Fill in the card with leaves. I used Granny Apple Green for all of mine. For some, I inked my scrap paper first and then stamped my card to get a lighter color.




10. Remove the Pretty Label. Tap the embossing buddy on the label. Stamp the Celebrate sentiment from the Happy Birthday to You set in the center using Versa Mark. Sprinkle Shimmer White Embossing Powder of the words. Tap off the excess powder. Be careful to not remove any of the Versa Mark. Use the heat gun to emboss. (I didn't realize I had touched the Versa Mark until after I embossed.  Next time, I would have used a darker powder instead of white.)



11. Attach the label to the front of the card using one Mini Stampin' Dimensional on each side.



 12. Spritz the stamped paper with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.


 

14. Use snail adhesive to tape the stamped paper to the front of the card.




Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Sunflowers In Color 20/22

Ornate Garden Mother's Day Card

Beautiful Friendship and Best Dressed