Flowering Foil Pineapple

Hi, friends!  I don't know about you but I'm ready for some warmer weather!  Thankfully the forecast is showing a week in the 60's.  Some of my favorite things at the moment are rose gold, pineapples, and warm weather.  This week's card tutorial is the perfect combination of all three.  I am using the Tropical Oasis Suite from the Mini Catalog and Flowering Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper from the new Sale-A-Bration catalog that is available starting this week! You'll see a very familiar card on the second page!


Instructions

As always, things in bold are linked at the bottom of the page.

We're going to start with the cutting a scoring.


  1. Cut a piece of the square looking piece of Flowering Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper to 4.5" by 10" make the card base. Score at 5".  Fold.
  2. Cut two pieces of clear Vellum to 4.5 by 1.
  3. Cut a piece of Whisper White to 4.5 by 4.
  4. Cut another piece of Whisper White for the sentiment to 4.5 by 0.75.
Next, get out your die cutting machine.  I'm using the Sizzix Big Shot.


  1. Start with the pineapple bottom from In the Tropics.  I am cutting it out of a piece of embossed copper paper that I had in my stash.  I'm linking Copper Foil Sheets below.  It's very similar!   


2. Cut out the top of the pineapple using green paper.  I'm using green paper from my stash but it's closest to Call Me Clover cardstock.  



3. Trace the base of the pineapple on a piece of Crushed Curry or Daffodil Delight cardstock.  Cut it out to glue behind the gold pineapple.  



4. Cut out a set of flowers in each Lovely Lipstick and Blushing Bride cardstock.  Again, mine is from my paper stash and these would be the closest to it.  

 Now, let's start putting it together! The fold of the card is going to be at the top this time.


1. Glue the top of the pineapple to the bottom.  Set it aside to dry.


2. Glue the first strip of Vellum to the card base about a quarter of an inch from the top.  I used the Fine-Tip Liquid Glue to glue a line at the bottom so it doesn't show rather than the entire perimeter miter.  Glue the second strip about a quarter of an inch from the bottom.  This time, glue the top instead of the perimeter.




3.  Glue the large Whisper White piece to the front of the cardstock.  Half of the Vellum should stick out of the top and bottom.   


4. Glue the pineapple to the center of the card.


5. Glue the pink flowers around the pineapple.


6. Stamp Our friendship is timeless onto the strip of Whisper White cardstock in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  Attach this to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.  And you're done!

If you have any questions about this project or would like to attend or host a workshop please email me!  My email is emcrafts96@gmail.com.  I look forward to hearing from you!

Product List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Sunflowers In Color 20/22

Ornate Garden Mother's Day Card

Beautiful Friendship and Best Dressed